Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Every time I get back to blogging there has to be some grouse about which I have to crib. Have had this feeling of wanting to blog for quite some time after tf now, but let's say I never found the right crib. But now I finally seem to have found it - Valentine's Day.

V Day by itself is probably not that bad but if you are single like I currently am (that status extends into the past as well as the near future) it's the most horrible thing. Like today morning when I woke up horribly late (wanted to wake up early to play squash) and then realized with a long deep sigh that today was V Day and I had absolutely nothing to do. It's bad enough that now I am so jobless that there is nothing to do on most days but when people around seem to be enjoying the day and you have nothing, it sucks - big time. Or "core dump" as we call it in IIT lingo - that's what made me sleep till 2 in the afternoon!!!

The solution: catch up with all your single friends, curse the couples and have a few beers!!
Other things to do:

Movies: Casablanca, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Dil Chahta Hai, Kate and Leopold, You've Got Mail
Books: Gone With the Wind, Wuthering Heights, Romeo and Juliet, (any Sidney Sheldon :P)
Music: The Beatles, Roxette, Michael Learns to Rock, Corrs, Sting, Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson

So take your pick and select which way you'd like to celebrate V Day. Single or couple, have a Happy Valentine's Day - whatever that means!!!

1 comment:

Sudeep said...

How right you are!
You could wile away your time well using a guitar too! :)